About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC, founded in February 2016, is DC’s first and only edible cookie dough confectionery. We make cookie dough that is straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest). A dream come true! We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores and at our permanent Pop Up in Adams Morgan. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking a part time Bakery Manager to oversee the company’s kitchen operations including: wholesale and customer orders, cookie dough production, inventory, shipping, catering, and more!
We are a fun, ambitious and quickly growing food startup, and you will be trusted with a large amount of autonomy and responsibility. If you love cookie dough and want to be a key part of growing a local business, this is the job for you!
This position will start out as part time, approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. We’re looking for someone who is interested in growing with the team, and we’re excited about the prospect of the Bakery Manager becoming a full time operations position over time if the candidate is interested in this opportunity! Pay will be commensurate with experience and will grow with the responsibilities of the role.
- Create weekly production schedule for production team to meet demands of all orders due (i.e. wholesale, retail, shipping, catering, event orders)
- Collect and record orders from current wholesale accounts, and package for delivery
- Organize all customer orders, including catering, shipping, pickup and delivery orders, and communicate what needs to be fulfilled to the Bakery Assistants
- Order, manage and organize inventory of materials, ingredients, and products
- Help create campaigns for limited edition flavors
- Make batches of cookie dough, as needed
- Oversee Kitchen Production Assistants and ensure they have their schedules, production plans, ingredients, and all materials needed
- Assist with hiring and training for Bakery Assistants, Pop Up Associates, and any other positions that are created and need to be filled
- Send out invoices to all customers
- Manager wholesale client relationships
- Improve operational efficiencies in the areas of production, hiring/training, fulfilling orders, and other areas of the company as they arise
- Perform all other responsibilities not specified here to make sure the kitchen is running smoothly
- We are open to giving you the opportunity to work on other areas you have interests in, and shaping the role together!
You're a good fit if you are:
- Excited to take on responsibility and work hard
- Organized and have good time-management and email-management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, patient and professional when dealing with buyers, customers, and delivery drivers
- Able to thrive when working independently
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
- Capable of being persistent and assertive when necessary
The following qualifications are not required, but they are preferred. If you have them, please tell us in your cover letter!
- Hold a valid DC Food Handler’s License
- One year working in a commercial kitchen (restaurant or bakery)
- One year working (including internships) in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of basic kitchen methods, procedures, and terminology
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to be part of The Cookie Jar DC team!