About the company:
The Dough Jar is DC’s first and only confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat raw.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking Marketing and Sales Interns for Fall 2018 to help our rapidly growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. You will be trusted with a lot of responsibility and will have flexibility to try out new ideas that will shape the direction of the business. With our brick-and-mortar grand opening on August 4, a significant portion of this role will include marketing the store.
- Establishing new sales accounts with stores
- Finding new and creative sales platforms
- Building community partnerships
- Researching advertising opportunities
- Conducting press outreach
- Booking events
- Staffing events
- Conducting customer research
- Helping with demos and events
- Social media management
- Working on new and exciting projects as they come up!
- This position will require at least 20 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend events. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager. *Please do not apply unless your schedule can accommodate this requirement.*
- The internship will be based at our Georgetown store at 1332 Wisconsin Ave NW.
- Fall interns will receive a $125 stipend minimum, with the eligibility to receive a $250 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with marketing or sales, either from previous internships, jobs, or school courses
- Are interested in expanding your skills in the areas of marketing and sales
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you want to be part of The Dough Jar team!