About the company:
The Dough Jar is DC’s first and only confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat raw. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. Our flagship store is located in Georgetown. We also deliver, ship nationwide, cater events, sell in retail stores, and participate in all different kinds of events around DC.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking a Social Media Intern for Fall 2020 (September through December) to help our growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. Because we are a small team, this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will have the flexibility to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business.
In the current climate of COVID-19, our digital social media strategy is more important than ever. We are navigating through unchartered territories and will be looking to you to be innovative in the way that we are marketing our brand on social media.
- Manage our current social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and establish new ones according to your research and recommendations
- Research, stay up to date with, and implement new strategies based on new capabilities of social media platforms
- Create and execute a social media strategy and timeline to reach established goals
- Write all content and select photos for social media posts
- Research and work with social media tools to schedule and post content
- Research and implement best practices in social media
- Take photos for social media as needed
- We are a very small team, and you may occasionally be asked to assist with other areas of the business, including operations, other marketing tasks, and cookie dough production to operations, as assigned
- This position will require 15-20 hours per week. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager. *Please do not apply unless your schedule can accommodate this requirement.*
- This position will be mostly remote, but you will need to be able to go to the Georgetown shop (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW) occasionally and when necessary for certain projects (i.e. to take product photos). Management will be almost entirely remote.
- Interns will receive a $125 stipend minimum (assuming the internship is completed fully), with the eligibility to receive a $250 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
Ideal candidates will have strong creative writing skills, photography skills, and prior experience generating social media content, either professionally or personally.
In addition, ideal candidates -
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with social media, either from previous internships, jobs, school courses, or personal experience
- Are interested in expanding your social media skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
- Are confident in your abilities to stay focused and productive while working remotely or individually apart from management
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume, semester schedule, and examples of three social media posts you've previously done. Social media examples can come from any social media platform and be from previous professional experiences (i.e. job, internship, school) or personal/hobby accounts.