Where are you located?
We are located in Georgetown at 1332 Wisconsin Avenue NW. Click here for our hours, location, menu, and to place a takeout order.
If I can't visit a location, are there other ways to get the dough?
Definitely! Check out all these great ways to get your dough fix:
- Order online and schedule a pickup at any of our scheduled pop up shops.
- Schedule delivery anywhere within the DC Beltway.
- Order from one of our delivery partners for on-demand delivery. Click here for a full list and schedule of delivery options. You must be home to receive the delivery since it comes fresh to your door from one of our courier partners.
- Ship it nationwide (we ship to all 50 states).
- Check out one of the stores where our edible cookie dough is sold. Note that each retailer only carries jars in a limited selection of flavors and sizes.
How does on-demand delivery work?
If you live in the DC area, order on-demand delivery from one of our partners — UberEATS, Postmates, GrubHub, DoorDash, and Caviar — during our normal hours of operation. Please note that these are third party companies. They set their own delivery areas and handle all payments, deliveries, customer service, etc.
How do I store the edible cookie dough and how long is it good for?
Our edible cookie dough contains milk, so it needs to be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. It will be okay for up to eight hours at room temperature, but try not to have it out longer than that.
- Store at room temperature for up to eight hours.
- Store in the fridge (opened or unopened) for up to one month.
- Store in the freezer for up to six months.
Can I bake it?
Edible cookie dough doesn't contain some of the key ingredients needed to bake cookies, so you can't bake it. Enjoy eating the cookie dough as is!
So I can eat it raw?
Our edible cookie dough doesn't have raw eggs and the flour is pasteurized, so it's safe to eat. How sweet!
I heard that eating raw flour was risky. Can I still eat this dough?
Yes! We use a heat treated flour, which means the flour has been pasteurized to make sure that there is absolutely no risk of any bacteria. We do not attempt this process ourselves. Instead, the flour is pasteurized in a flour mill that specializes in this process to ensure that it is done correctly.
Do you have any dough for special diets or allergies?
The short answer is yes! Read on for more specifics:
- If you're vegan or dairy-free, try our Vegan Chocolate Chip.
- If you're gluten-free, you'll love our Monster Cookie dough.
- If you're allergic to eggs, you're in luck -- all of our dough is egg-free!
- If you're allergic to peanuts, the flavors with peanuts include Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Monster Cookie.
- If you're allergic to tree nuts, the Vegan Chocolate Chip has almonds. Our brownies and brookies in store include hazelnuts from Nutella.
Our full nutritional information is located here. If you have any further questions about nutritional information, please contact us.
Is the edible cookie dough going to melt during shipping?
We use the necessary materials (like ice packs and insulation) when shipping, and we make sure that all orders are in transit for no more than three days. So your order will be safe and sound and get to you without melting!
Shipping seems to be more expensive than if I ship it myself. Why is that?
Shipping costs are based on weight and location and include not just the cost of shipping, but also all the materials needed to ensure the dough arrives to you unspoiled (like ice packs and insulation!). We purchase all of these materials at wholesale prices to keep the costs much lower than if you were to ship it in the same way yourself.
I placed an order for shipping. When will I receive it?
We are currently shipping 2-3 days per week, usually Monday through Wednesday. We are working to get all orders out as fast as possible. Due to Covid-19, there may be slight delays, so please plan accordingly!
If a shipping time is listed (for example, "UPS Ground 1 Business Day), that denotes the time in transit, not how many days it will take for you to receive your order after it is placed.
The date selector on the check out page is for local delivery orders only. We cannot honor specific dates selected for shipping orders. If you'd like us to delay the shipment of an order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly recommend that you read our Order Policies to learn more about shipping before placing your order.
Do you have a cancellation or refund policy?
Orders that were fulfilled properly cannot be returned or refunded. We cannot be held responsible for packages that are undeliverable due to problems with an address or because no one is there to receive a delivery. We also cannot cancel or refund orders once they have been shipped, unless there is proof of breakage upon arrival. Orders cancelled after they are placed will incur a restocking fee. Please read our Order Policies for more detailed information about cancellations and refunds.
I thought you were called The Cookie Jar DC. I'm confused!
At the end of March 2018, we changed our name to The Dough Jar! You can now find us at www.thedoughjar.com, on social media @thedoughjar, on all your favorite food delivery apps as The Dough Jar, and in stores and at pop up shops as The Dough Jar. Dough not worry though…we’re still the same company scooping up the same dangerously delicious and safe-to-eat raw cookie dough that you’ve come to know and love. We’ve simply upgraded our name!
For more information, check out the note from our founder here!
For larger packages and shipping destinations farther west, we offer flat rate shipping. Therefore, you can order a lot of jars for a small price. Flat rate prices will be indicated.