About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Georgetown (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW), and we are seeking Bakery Associates to join our team! As a Bakery Associate, you’ll make and package batches of all different flavors of cookie dough and baked goods. This position offers a lot of independence and a fun work environment.
This is a part time position, and we’re looking for candidates with morning and afternoon availability. Shifts will be available seven days a week.
- Prepping production space
- Making batches of cookie dough and other baked goods (i.e. cookies, brownies)
- Packaging dough into jars and pans
- Applying labels to jars
- Packaging jars into boxes for wholesale and retail
- Accurately tracking batches and jars made with careful attention to detail
- Washing dishes and cleaning workspace, making sure that all materials and equipment used are washed and put back in their proper place
- Packaging shipping orders as assigned
- Packing wholesale orders as assigned
- Keeping all storage areas organized, including pallets, station, dry storage, cooler, and freezer
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Keeping supervisor(s) aware of any reasons that you cannot do your job as assigned, including (but not limited to) not having the needed materials, ingredients, or equipment, or if a mistake is made.
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away ingredients and materials when assigned, or if they arrive when a manager is not on site
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Bakery Associates:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail, especially to make sure you’re completing the batch as assigned and marking your tracking sheet accurately
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Guarantee the required hours each week
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a great attitude
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
How to apply:
1. Email your resume to email@example.com. Specify in the subject line which position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, only send one email and specify all positions you're applying for.
2. Fill out this survey.
Applicants must complete both steps listed above in order to be considered. Once we have received your application, we will review it and get back to you if it is a good fit. Please do not follow up.