About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores, farmers markets and pop up shops throughout the DC area. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking a Bakery Assistant to join our fast growing company and help produce our delicious signature product: edible cookie dough. As a Bakery Assistant, you’ll get to make and package batches of all different flavors of cookie dough, from start to finish. This position offers a flexible work schedule, a lot of independence, and a fun work environment. We operate out of Union Kitchen, so you’ll have access to the city’s premier commercial kitchen and food incubator.
We’re looking for someone with availability Monday through Friday.
- Prepping production space
- Making batches of cookie dough
- Packaging dough into jars
- Applying labels to jars
- Packaging jars into boxes for wholesale and retail
- Accurately tracking batches and jars made with careful attention to detail
- Washing dishes and cleaning workspace, making sure that all materials and equipment used is washed and put back in its proper place
- Assembling orders
- Packaging shipping orders as assigned
- Packing wholesale orders as assigned
- Keeping all storage areas organized, including pallets, station, dry storage, cooler, and freezer
- Packaging catering, pickup and delivery orders
- Giving catering, pickup and delivery orders to customer or courier as assigned
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Keeping supervisor(s) aware of any reasons that you cannot do your job as assigned, including (but not limited to) not having the needed materials, ingredients, or equipment, or if a mistake is made.
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away ingredients and materials when assigned, or if they arrive when a manager is not on site
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Bakery Assistants:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail, especially to make sure you’re completing the batch as assigned and marking your Daily Tracker sheet accurately
- Working responsibly when working independently
- Guarantee the required hours each week
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a great attitude
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
How to apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com.