About the company:
The Dough Jar is DC’s first and only confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat raw. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. Our flagship store is located in Georgetown. We also deliver, ship nationwide, cater events, sell in retail stores, and participate in all different kinds of events around DC..
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking Marketing and Sales Interns for Spring 2020 (January through May) to help our rapidly growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. Because we are a small and growing team, this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will have the flexibility to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business.
- Establishing new sales accounts with stores
- Finding new and creative sales platforms
- Building community partnerships
- Researching advertising opportunities
- Conducting press outreach
- Booking events
- Staffing some events
- Conducting customer research
- Helping with demos and events
- Create and implement marketing campaigns
- Social media management
- Working on new and exciting projects as they come up!
- Helping with other areas of the business, from cookie dough production to operations, as assigned
- This position will require at least 20 hours per week, including occasional weekend events, with up to 40 hours available. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager. *Please do not apply unless your schedule can accommodate this requirement.*
- All interns will work at our Georgetown shop (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW).
- Interns will receive a $100 stipend minimum (assuming the internship is completed fully), with the eligibility to receive a $175 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with marketing or sales, either from previous internships, jobs, or school courses
- Are interested in expanding your skills in the areas of marketing and sales
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
How to apply:
Email 1332 firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and semester schedule!