About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local confectionery based in DC that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. We have locations in Georgetown and Adams Morgan and are excited to open our newest pop up location in National Harbor starting in July 2019.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking Retail Associates to join our team at our pop up in National Harbor. As a Retail Associate, you’ll be the ambassador of the brand, serving up delicious dough and an infectious smile to every customer.
Part-time and full-time hours are available, and we’re looking for candidates with morning, afternoon, and/or evening availability. Shifts will be available seven days a week. The store hours will be Sunday-Thursday 11am-8pm and Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm.
- Serving customers all menu items, including dough jars, baked goods, bottled drinks, etc. (*Please note the majority of items served will be pre-package.*)
- Collecting, recording, and packaging catering, pickup and delivery orders
- Giving catering, pickup and delivery orders to customers or couriers
- Working the register to ring up customers
- Ensuring all materials are properly stocked and ready
- Fulfilling orders from on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. Uber EATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Maintaining a clean serving area workspace, seating area, and bathroom
- Keeping all storage areas organized
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away materials when assigned
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Scoop Shop Associates:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
- Wear appropriate attire, as outlined by manager or company policy