About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local confectionery based in DC that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. We have locations in Georgetown and Adams Morgan and are excited to open our newest pop up location in National Harbor starting in July 2019.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking a Retail Lead to join our team at our pop up in National Harbor. As the Retail Lead, you’ll be responsible for basic operations, marketing for the location, and events at the space. You’ll also serve as an ambassador of the brand, serving up delicious dough and an infectious smile to every customer. You’ll also be responsible for
Candidates will ideally be available full time, but those with part time availability will also be considered. The store hours will be Sunday-Thursday 11am-8pm and Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm, and Retail Lead shifts will be within those times.
- Keeping track of inventory and alerting your manager when a restock is needed
- Ensuring the space is staying clean, organized and stocked and that all processes and rules are being followed
- Generating and helping to execute marketing ideas specific to this location, such as (but not limited to) partnerships and cross-promotions with other local businesses/hotels/apartments, taking photos and producing content for social media, coming up with promos and discounts, and anything else that will help boost traffic and sales
You will also be responsible for serving customers and maintaining the space, including:
- Helping to put together, market, and implement events such as classes, birthday parties, bachelorette parties, etc.
- Serving customers all menu items, including dough jars, baked goods, bottled drinks, etc. (*Please note the majority of items served will be pre-package.*)
- Collecting, recording, and packaging catering, pickup and delivery orders
- Giving catering, pickup and delivery orders to customers or couriers
- Working the register to ring up customers
- Ensuring all materials are properly stocked and ready
- Fulfilling orders from on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. Uber EATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Maintaining a clean serving area workspace, seating area, and bathroom
- Keeping all storage areas organized
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away materials when assigned
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Scoop Shop Associates:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
- Wear appropriate attire, as outlined by manager or company policy
How to apply:
1. Email your resume to email@example.com. Specify in the subject line which position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, only send one email and specify all positions you're applying for.
2. Fill out this survey.
Applicants must complete both steps listed above in order to be considered. Once we have received your application, we will review it and get back to you if it is a good fit. Please do not follow up.