About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Georgetown (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW), and we are seeking Scoop Shop Associates to join our team! As a Scoop Shop Associate, you’ll be the ambassador of the brand, serving up delicious dough and an infectious smile to every customer.
This is a part time position, and we’re looking for candidates with morning, afternoon, and/or evening availability. Shifts will be available seven days a week.
- Serving customers all menu items, including dough scoops and jars, baked goods, coffee, milkshakes, etc.
- Collecting, recording, and packaging catering, pickup and delivery orders; packaging shipping and wholesale orders as assigned
- Giving catering, pickup and delivery orders to customers or couriers
- Working the register to ring up customers
- Ensuring all materials (from boxes to straws) are properly stocked and ready
- Fulfilling orders from six on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. Uber EATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Maintaining a clean serving area workspace, seating area, and bathroom
- Keeping all storage areas organized, including pallets, station, dry storage, cooler, and freezer
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away ingredients and materials when assigned, or if they arrive when a manager is not on site
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Scoop Shop Associates:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
How to apply:
1. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify in the subject line which position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, only send one email and specify all positions you're applying for.
2. Fill out this survey.
Applicants must complete both steps listed above in order to be considered. Once we have received your application, we will review it and get back to you if it is a good fit. Please do not follow up.