About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Georgetown (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW), and we are seeking Scoop Shop Associates to join our team! As a Scoop Shop Associate, you’ll be the ambassador of the brand, serving up delicious dough and an infectious smile to every customer.
This is a part time position, and we’re looking for candidates with morning, afternoon, and/or evening availability. Shifts will be available seven days a week.
- Serving customers all menu items, including dough scoops and jars, baked goods, coffee, milkshakes, etc.
- Collecting, recording, and packaging catering, pickup and delivery orders; packaging shipping and wholesale orders as assigned
- Giving catering, pickup and delivery orders to customers or couriers
- Working the register to ring up customers
- Ensuring all materials (from boxes to straws) are properly stocked and ready
- Fulfilling orders from six on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. Uber EATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Maintaining a clean serving area workspace, seating area, and bathroom
- Keeping all storage areas organized, including pallets, station, dry storage, cooler, and freezer
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away ingredients and materials when assigned, or if they arrive when a manager is not on site
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Scoop Shop Associates:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
- Let supervisors know whenever there is a challenge with being able to do your job as assigned
How to apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com.