About the company:
The Dough Jar is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Georgetown (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW), and we are seeking Scoop Shop Leads to join our team! As a Scoop Shop Lead, you’ll have the important role of making sure the scoop shop is running smoothly.
This is a part time managerial position with 30-40 hours available. We’re looking for candidates who are available for the opening shift (10:30am-5pm) 5-6 days per week.
- Overseeing the proper collecting, recording, and packaging of catering, pickup and delivery orders
- Ensuring that all shifts run smoothly by overseeing and assisting Scoop Shop Associates in their responsibilities
- Coordinating with Bakery Manager regarding inventory, orders, and other tasks to ensure the store is running properly
- Scheduling Scoop Shop Associates
- Training Scoop Shop Associates
- Managing six on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. Uber EATS, Postmates)
Scoop Shop Leads will also be expected to work alongside Scoop Shop Associates:
- Serving customers all menu items, including dough scoops and jars, baked goods, coffee, milkshakes, etc.
- Working the register to ring up customers
- Ensuring all materials (from boxes to straws) are properly stocked and ready
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Maintaining a clean serving area workspace, seating area, and bathroom
- Keeping all storage areas organized, including pallets, station, dry storage, cooler, and freezer
- Completing all tasks as assigned in a careful and correct manner, paying attention to detail and completing all steps
- Confirming inventory by counting ingredients and products when assigned
- Putting away ingredients and materials when assigned, or if they arrive when a manager is not on site
- Any other tasks, as assigned
The following are expectations of all Scoop Shop Leads:
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Always show up on time
- Pay attention to detail
- Work responsibly, especially when working independently
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Have a positive attitude and be friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Keep all spaces organized according to instructions as given by supervisors
How to apply:
1. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify in the subject line which position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, only send one email and specify all positions you're applying for.
2. Fill out this survey.
Applicants must complete both steps listed above in order to be considered. Once we have received your application, we will review it and get back to you if it is a good fit. Please do not follow up.