About the company:
The Dough Jar is DC’s first and only confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat raw. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. Our flagship store is located in Georgetown. We also deliver, ship nationwide, cater events, sell in retail stores, and participate in all different kinds of events around DC..
About the position:
The Dough Jar is seeking Marketing and Sales Interns for Summer 2020 (May/June through August) to help our rapidly growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. Because we are a small and growing team, this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will have the flexibility to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business.
In the current climate of COVID-19, our marketing strategy has become primarily digital. We are navigating through unchartered territories and will be looking to our intern team to be innovative in the way that we are marketing our brand. Digital marketing, such as email campaigns, social media, and online partnerships will be the primary focus this summer.
- Establishing new sales accounts with stores
- Finding new and creative sales platforms
- Building community partnerships
- Researching advertising opportunities
- Conducting press outreach
- Conducting customer research
- Create and implement marketing campaigns
- Manage social media partnerships, posts, strategy, etc.
- Manage e-mail marketing
- Assist with solving operational challenges as they pertain to sales that have arisen as a result of bringing the business mostly online
- Working on new and exciting projects as they come up!
- Helping with other areas of the business, from cookie dough production to operations, as assigned
- This position will require at least 20 hours per week, with up to 40 hours available. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager. *Please do not apply unless your schedule can accommodate this requirement.*
- This position will be mostly remote. Interns are welcome to work at our Georgetown shop (1332 Wisconsin Ave NW) but are not required. Management will be almost entirely remote.
- Interns will receive a $375 stipend minimum (assuming the internship is completed fully), with the eligibility to receive a $500 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with marketing or sales, either from previous internships, jobs, or school courses
- Are interested in expanding your skills in the areas of marketing and sales
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company
- Are confident in your abilities to stay focused and productive while working remotely or individually apart from management
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and semester schedule!